Biloxi & Gulfport Auto Accident Attorneys
If you are in a car accident, your injuries can range from scrapes and bruises to life-altering serious injuries or death. Having a debilitating injury can affect your ability to provide for your family and leave you with staggering medical bills. The Law Offices of Judy M. Guice knows this and will utilize their decades of experience to seek an injury settlement that fairly compensates you for your injuries.
Recent Mississippi auto accident statistics
Motor vehicle accidents are by far the leading cause of injury-related death in the state, and Mississippi has one of the highest per capita motor vehicle fatality rates in the country. Although the number of motor vehicle accident fatalities has been decreasing over the last few years, due in large part to Mississippi passing a seatbelt law in 2006, there are still hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries sustained in Mississippi car accidents every year. There are many causes that lead to auto accidents, including:
- Speeding/aggressive driving
- Missing or disobeying traffic signs and signals
- Failing to signal before turns
- Failing to adjust driving for road conditions or reduced visibility
- Impaired driving (DUI/DWI)
- Distracted while driving
- Using a cellphone to talk or text
- Eating or drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Grooming/applying makeup
- Using a radio/stereo/navigation system
Accidents usually occur because of the negligence of one or more drivers. If you are injured by the negligence of another driver, the experienced representation of attorney Judy Guice can help you get the settlement you deserve.
Types of injuries common to automobile accidents
Injuries resulting from car accidents vary widely in severity, but seemingly minor injuries may end up causing chronic health problems. Some of the most common vehicle crash injuries are:
- Head and brain: May lead to long-term problems and are among the most severe type of injury associated with car accidents
- Neck: Can range from whiplash to cervical and disc injury and spinal cord damage
- Back: Can take a long time to appear and might include serious injuries like spinal cord damage
- Face: Can range from scrapes to serious skull, jaw and dental damage
- Broken bones: Can lead to permanent limb damage
- Connective tissue: Can lead to long-term disability and joint problems
- Internal injuries: May not have immediate symptoms, but could result in serious injury and organ damage
If you have been injured in a car accident, your first response should be to seek medical attention for your injuries. Once your health has stabilized, call Biloxi car accident attorney Judy Guice for help getting the compensation you and your family deserve.
Let a Biloxi auto accident attorney be your ally after an auto accident
A car accident can leave you with staggering medical bills and injuries that leave you unable to work. You need the strong representation attorney Judy Guice provides to seek reimbursement for your injuries. If you want an attorney who fights hard for you, contact the Law Offices of Judy Guice online or by phone at 228-374-9787 and set up an initial consultation.