Biloxi & Gulfport Insurance Dispute Attorney
Insurers doing business in Mississippi have a duty to comply with state laws and to honor their policy agreements with Mississippi policyholders. Too often, insurance companies are happy to accept your premiums, but cut and run when you are owed a payout fair and square under your policy. When Hurricane Katrina struck the Mississippi Gulf Coast, many thousands of people lost their homes, and in many cases insurers refused to pay the full claims owed. Attorney Judy Guice has fought for decades against insurance companies who have unfairly denied claims, winning payouts for policyholders over the Mississippi Gulf Coast and statewide.
Judy knows how tough it is to lose your home, as her own home, just like thousands of others, was destroyed down to the slab by Hurricane Katrina. In the aftermath of that tragic storm, Judy fought for many Mississippi families, even arguing before the Supreme Court of Mississippi in the landmark case of Corban v. USAA, which forced the insurance industry to abide by their insurance policies. The Biloxi & Gulfport insurance dispute attorneys at the Law Offices of Judy Guice, P.A. continue to fight for the rights of Mississippi policyholders and will fight for your rights as well.
Why Working With A Lawyer On Your Coverage Dispute Makes Sense
In a perfect world, you would not need to work with a lawyer to settle any matters involving an insurer, as the insurer would see the facts as they clearly are, and pay out according to the policy. This is, of course, not a perfect world, and disputes over the facts of an accident or event occur all the time. Furthermore, disputes can arise as to the meaning of the terms of an insurance policy and what circumstances they cover. An experienced insurance dispute lawyer knows how such disputes are handled and will put your best case forward in arguing for a payout. At the Law Offices of Judy Guice, P.A., we help injured parties in the following situations:
- First Party Coverage Disputes – If you are the insured party, and your insurance company refuses to pay your claim, we will represent your interests in taking on the insurer.
- Third Party Coverage Disputes – If a third party injured you (e.g. another driver) and their insurer refuses to pay, we will fight to force the insurer to pay your claim. Likewise, if you are sued by a third party, we can help make sure your own insurance company settles or defends you according to the terms of your policy.
- Liability and Damage Disputes – Sometimes, several different insurers (e.g. the insurers for the plaintiff and the defendant) will argue over who is the liable party, or over the proper amount of damages. We will represent your interests in making sure you get paid.
Bad Faith Insurance Actions
In some cases, insurance companies simply act in bad faith in refusing to pay your claim, meaning they take an illegal act in denying your claim. Bad faith can take the following forms:
- Unfairly denying benefits
- Undue delay in handling claims
- Inadequate investigation
- Threats against an insured
- Refusing to make a reasonable settlement offer
- Failure to provide promised coverage
- Refusal to defend a lawsuit
We represent parties in taking on insurance companies who act in bad faith, including when they cancel or rescind your coverage simply to avoid paying a claim.
Work with Trusted Biloxi Attorneys in Your Insurance Dispute
At the Law Offices of Judy Guice, P.A., we are on your side and will stand up to the insurance companies on your behalf to get the compensation you deserve. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.