Close Menu
Biloxi & Gulfport Personal Injury Attorney
"No Recovery
No Fee"
Free Initial Consultation 228-374-9787

Important Questions for Your Doctor After Being Injured in a Biloxi, MS Auto Accident


If you were hurt in a car crash, it is critical to seek appropriate medical care at an emergency room or urgent care center. In a serious collision, the decision may actually be made for you. Still, beyond the initial treatment, you should also follow up with your primary care doctor. Your physician can review your injuries in the context of your medical history and will oversee your recovery. In addition, this appointment is important because it provides you with the opportunity to ask key questions regarding a potential claim for compensation. A Biloxi, MS auto accident lawyer can apply much of this information and use it to your advantage when filing a claim.

When will I recover from my injuries? Though every victim goes through unique challenges in returning to health, your recovery time will depend on the severity and nature of your injuries. 

Should I limit my physical activities? Your doctor may direct you to rest as part of your recovery, which may mean avoiding certain activities. It is likely that you will be advised against strenuous exertion, but your physician may tell you to limit even moderate activities. Too much movement may cause a re-injury or could exacerbate your existing condition. 

What should I do about work? If your doctor tells you that to limit physical activities, this may mean taking time off work. The answer to this question depends upon your job and what level of exertion is necessary to perform work-related tasks. You may not have to take time off if you primarily work at your desk, but any job requiring physical labor may be off limits. 

Can I take medication to help with pain? Your doctor may prescribe pain medication or suggest certain over-the-counter pain relief. The approach to alleviating pain will depend upon the severity of your injuries and how much discomfort they cause. Information regarding your medications is important because it can support the pain and suffering element of a car accident claim. 

Will I need to visit a specialist? Your primary care physician has comprehensive knowledge of medicine, but your injuries may require consultation with a specialist. Head injuries, joint damage, and trauma to your spinal cord require a level of medical knowledge that would be more appropriate for a neurologist, orthopedic surgeon, or other professional. If care from a specialist is necessary, your physician will assist with the process and remain in close consultation. 

A Skilled Biloxi, MS Auto Accident Lawyer Can Answer Legal Questions 

For health reasons, it is essential to get as much information as possible from your physician. However, a secondary goal for getting your questions answered is legal in nature. These details can help support your claim for compensation against the driver responsible for causing your injuries. If you were hurt in a car crash and would like to learn about your remedies, please contact the Law Offices of Judy Guice in Biloxi, MS. You can call 228.374.9787 or visit us online to schedule a free consultation.


750 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Biloxi, Mississippi 39530

Free Background Information Available upon request.
Attorney Advertising. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2016 - 2019 The Law Offices of Judy Guice. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab